cal-on-off menu-on-off

Holy Trinity Column

Náměstí se Sloupem Nejsvětější trojice

The dominant of the the Bakov square is the baroque Holy Trinity Column or the „plague“ column. It should protect the inhabitants against plague blows, which the town often was accompanied by. It was built in 1727-29 and it comes from the workshop of the important baroque sculptor Josef Jiří Jelínek from Kosmonosy. The stone rail was added in 1770.

The column is trilateral and manufactured from sandstone. In its bottom part, the life-sized statues of the St Adalbert, St Johannes of Nepomuk and St Wenceslas are situated. The upper part of the column is formed by a trilateral pyramid with angel heads, on the top the sculpture of the Holy Trinity is situated.


Náměstí se Sloupem Nejsvětější trojice

Náměstí se Sloupem Nejsvětější trojice

 
Náměstí se Sloupem Nejsvětější trojice

Náměstí se Sloupem Nejsvětější trojice

 
Sloup Nejsvětější trojice

Sloup Nejsvětější trojice

 
Sloup Nejsvětější Trojice

Sloup Nejsvětější Trojice

 
Sloup Nejsvětější Trojice

Sloup Nejsvětější Trojice

 
Sloup Nejsvětější Trojice

Sloup Nejsvětější Trojice

 
Sloup Nejsvětější Trojice

Sloup Nejsvětější Trojice

 
Sloup Nejsvětější Trojice

Sloup Nejsvětější Trojice

 
 
Created 18.1.2021 9:51:13 | read 180x | magdalena.bulirova
2